Monday 25 February 2013

True Nature (poema a partir de Self-Reliance de Gonçalo Duarte e Joana Neves)nçalo



I trust myself to do better than what society dictates
I expect to beat the odds
I trust my consciousness 
I rely upon myself to constitute the truth
Outstanding self-reliance works fairly well with my genius

A genius mind is aware of the nature,
the true Nature of thyself
I'm a bizarre combination
man is not equal to men
because he does not bend

He values life as much
as he values solitude
His contradictions give access
to his transcendental throne

2 comments:

David Fischer said...

Quite a good poem!!! The author should be very proud. Very interesting writing. I've studied Emersons for a few years and this is by far the most creative and well-made creative work in a form of poem. My compliments to Goncalo and Joana

Best,

David, US

Gonçalo Henriques said...

Such poem shows undoubtedly the spirit of Emerson's "Self-Reliance". Men have indeed a wonderfull, trustfull, self conciousness of their own.
Well done Gonçalo Duarte and Joana Neves.

Gonçalo Henriques